Intellectual Property Law
Our IP team provides a full range of IP services, such as registration, transfer, and other transactional services, as well as opposition, litigation, enforcement, criminal prosecution of IP rights ranging from copyrights to trademarks, patents, domain names and industrial designs.
Our IP team has handled registration of numerous patents and trademarks locally, with the Turkish Patent and Trademark Authority, and in European countries for international organizations. Özatay&Akdağ’s work in IP also includes advising on IP protection strategies, the drafting and negotiation of know-how, franchising and distribution contracts as well as many IP transfers and license agreements, IP development agreements, IP litigation and anti-counterfeiting actions.
- Protection of Intellectual Property
- Trademark/Patent Law
- Unfair Competition Disputes
Özatay & Akdağ has a clear understanding of the legal and regulatory framework in Turkey. Supported by our familiarity with local regulatory regimes, we add value in advising our clients on the practicalities of how laws and regulations are implemented across the relevant jurisdictions.
Our Law Firm offers a wide range of legal services on trademarks, patents, copyrights, industrial designs and utility models as well as unfair competition matters.
We provide services such as forming legal structures of professional associations, counselling on Turkish legislation, litigation of cases arising from license issues and execution of such decisions, dispute resolution and collection of license fees and royalties all around Turkey with our base in Istanbul and our network of correspondence offices on all corners of the country, in the most efficient way possible.
- Research, registration, protection and transfer of intellectual property rights nationally and internationally
- Counselling on trademarks, patents, industrial designs and utility model rights
- Civil and criminal cases of intellectual property right infringements
- Preparation of contracts and protocols
- Counselling on copyrights, prevention of misuse of trade secrets and intellectual property rights within the context of mergers and acquisitions
- Research, registration and reregistration of domain names
- Cases of misuse of trade secrets
- Confiscation operations of counterfeit and knockoff goods