Data Protection And Privacy
We provide practical and business-minded advice and assistance on data protection and cybersecurity to a variety of clients.
Our team has extensive experience in all sorts of data protection and cybersecurity matters, including data protection compliance projects and guiding clients through data protection legislation as it relates to any aspect of their business, as well as data transfer issues and handling data breach notifications. Members of our team, equipped with global and local data protection knowledge, are able to navigate client companies through redesigning or adapting their data protection programs, policies, and data transfer schemes to comply with Turkish data protection law.
Data protection compliance is heavily interrelated with other areas of legal practice, and as a full-service law firm with vast experience in all areas of law, we are proud to serve our clients with a comprehensive approach. Our comprehensive approach comes into play especially in projects concerning corporate structuring of data protection programs, data processing agreements, data protection due diligence, handling data breaches, and data protection litigation. Our firm acts as a trusted advisor to various clients from a wide range of industries in relation to critical and complex data protection matters.
- Personal Data Protection Law Compliance Management
- Personal Data Protection Law Training
- Legal Representation in Administrative Procedures and Litigation Relating to the Personal Data Protection Law
Since the Ministry of EU Affairs started the National Programmes for the Adoption of the Acquis, data protection law has started to develop and along with the release of the Turkish Law on the Protection of Personal Data numbered 6698, Our Law Firm has served its clientele in attempt to comply with the law. This area being very new and young in Turkey, Özatay & Akdağ is one of the most preferred law firms giving consultancy for its clients to not to be faced against any penal sanction arising from the Law and it’s to be-released-regulations.
- Providing Legal Support for The Adjustment Process
- Determining the Liabilities of The Entities Which Are Subject to The Law
- Performing Due Diligence Accordingly
- Providing Consultancy for Data Processing, Transfer of Personal Data, Deletion, Destruction, And Anonymization of Personal Data, And Data Processor’s Obligations.
- Finalizing the Framework